Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Background fade 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
indeed. an image that is 1 pixel wide by 100 pixels tall, to be exact. It is then repeated horizontally.

*cLFlaVA
----------------------------
[tt]insert funny quotation here.[/tt]

Incidentally, any sort of gradiant image you see on a website is 99.9999% of the time an image too.

... because gradient styles are not yet widely supported.

*cLFlaVA

Well how does the fade effect happen. A 1 by 1 pixel would repeated would just be the same color for the whole background correct?

Thanks,

I took what you said but I did this to it

body {
background-image: url(/Images/backtest.png);
background-attachment: fixed;
}

That way the fade stays fix through out the whole page.

100% height is not possible in CSS unless the object whose height you are defining has a parent with a set height. For example, if you have a <div> with a height of 600px, then you can set an element inside that div to have a height of 100%.

One way of "setting 100% height" is to have a JS function called from the onload event that will test for available width and resize an image or element based on that size.

Take a look at home page for a pretty cool background fade effect. I think it's more what you may want.

*cLFlaVA

When doing blends like these as backgrounds I make a very long thin one and fix it to the bottom of the window.
Tends to work quite nicely, especially if the image is something like 2000px high.
Otherwise set the background colour to be the "end" colour of the blend so you see no join.

- Web design and ranting
- Day of Defeat gaming community
"I'm making time

speaking of the macromedia site, how did they do the transition "wipe" effect on page load? javascript or other?

Odd that I don't get page transition effects on Macromedia's site, and I'm using IE.

I always have page transitions turned off in IE. kind of annoying they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back