Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Background colour in word

Status
Not open for further replies.

abc559966

Technical User
Jun 23, 2003
GB
Is there anyway to change the background colour in word instead of having white?

I've tried that, however, I need a yellow background with black text. I know there are other MS products that will allow me to do this but it would make my life a lot easier if it can be done in word.

Thanks for the reply.

choose tool pulldown menu then options then general... there are an options "blue background white text" you can put a tick in there :..

Do I only have the option of blue background and white text. Surely Microsoft have an add-in to change background and font colours.

GreatGazoo's answer is only good if you're saving as web page.

space1999's answer is only good for your screen view in Word.

To get a yellow background that will print:

View-Header and footer.
Use the drawing toolbar and create a rectangle the size of your whole sheet of paper and place it exactly over top.
Double-click it, and make sure it's set to BEHIND text.
Remember that your printer is likely NOT capable of printing all the way to the edge of the paper, so you'll likely get a white border all around.

Anne Troy

If you just want to view a yellow background while working:

Menu option:

Format/Background

Choose color

Blue [dragon]

If I wasn't Blue, I would just be a Dragon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back