Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Back up

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilalch

Programmer
Sep 26, 2003
IR
hi dear frends

is it possible to back up the selected or single table from the schema.

thanks in advance.

Bilalch,

Minimum export code for the "yada" table from the "test" schema follows:

exp file=Yada.dump tables=yada userid=test/test

Happy New Year,

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA @ 19:35 (01Jan04) GMT, 12:35 (01Jan04) Mountain Time)

Hi there,

yes it is possible to export a particular table from a particular schema, use oracle's import/export utilities.

You can also specify the "CONSISTENT=Y" parameter if you export a set of tables with relations between them

dear frends.

i'm new to oracle
can u plz tell me the whole syntax for the export or import.

thanx & regards

Bilalch,

To see ALL the syntax options for either "imp" or "exp", you just enter "exp help=y" or "imp help=y" at your operating system prompt. Since both "imp" and "emp" are Oracle utilities, you run them from the operating system prompt, not from SQL*Plus or other Oracle package.

Actually, I gave a fully coded example you can use (for your specific situation) in my post from New Year's Day; you just need to replace "yada" and "test" with your specific table and schema names.

After you look over, and study, the output of the "help=y" screen on your machine, if you still have questions, please post your questions here.

Cheers,

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA @ 18:33 (03Jan04) GMT, 11:33 (03Jan04) Mountain Time)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back