Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Back up

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybunter

Technical User
Oct 7, 2004
GB
Hi
I am new to exchange could any one tell me what I need to back up for a full back up of Exchnage? I have yosemite backup that lets me back up the first storage group is there anything else that needs to be backed up?

Many thanks

What to backup depends on the roles of the server. For mailbox server, you need to backup mailbox database, transaction logs, some registry settings using system state backup; for client access server, backup \client access folder, IIS metabase, etc; for edge transport server, use ExportEdgeConfig.ps1 to backup settings; ...

Your best friend is here:
What need to be protected in Exchange environment:

Thanks I really am a beginer with exchange I have all of the default roles that it offers you on set up and have no idea where any of the above is? Do you know of any sites with this info on?

Many thanks

Sorry I didn't read your post properly many thanks for the link i'll try and make sense of it im a bit of a beginer.

Many thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back