Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Back up option 11 without LD 143 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattwc1

Technical User
Jun 29, 2002
US
I've backed up Option 11 systems to my laptop with load 143 for example :

>LD 143
CCBR000
.XBK
INFO:NAME FILE
SIZE = 218880 bytes

R>OK.XVR

R>CCCCOK.

But how do you back up an Option 11 , Rls 18 that doesn't have LD 143 or a pc card slot ? I've seen a thread that says to use BKO in LD 43 but what is the rest of the procedure ?

ld 43
edd
backs it up internal

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

OK , I know how to do an internal back up with a data dump but can I do a back up from the Option 11 to my laptop like I do with LD 143 on newer Option 11's ?

I don't think you can on older revisions.

Keep good documentation locally.

You can do a Option 11 backup to a external source in the same way as you do on the later systems. Instead of using 143, you use 43. You must use X Modem & be on TTY 0.
Don't use the 19200 rate!. Stick with 9600 or lower.

Here is part of my guide that I have done

MERIDIAN OPTION 11 & 11E SYSTEMS
INFORMATION ON HOW TO PROVIDE A BACKUP OF THE CUSTOMER
DATABASE

This information is to be used by any Meridian engineer who has access to a PC with a communications package such as... "Windows Terminal" or "ProComm +" etc. It could be used by a Customer, But they would have to have version 19 software or above, this is because they may only have access to TTY terminals 1 & 2.

It is very easy to do a backup, either onto a hardisk or onto a floppy disk. This is quite handy if you are doing a Software upgrade from version 16.90 to 20/21 etc... Or as an on site backup copy if you are a maintenance engineer.

The first thing to do is to connect up to TTY "0" and change the baud rate to "9600"

(This will speed it up to about 1 minute)

Remember TTY "0" can only be used on pre V19 software only! From V16.90! Logon to the system as normal & go into "LD 22", it Is also a good practice to print & record the following details..

REQ ISS --- prints out the software version
REQ ISSP -- prints patching info as well on post V19 software
REQ TID --- prints the cartridge i d
REQ SLT --- this prints out the Sys key codes, Agents Mopt etc...
(This is most important because the key codes could be different to what is written on the cartridge ie... more Agents! etc)

Once you have obtained this information type "****" & go into "LD 43". do a "EDD" & save system info to score & cartridge. When this has finished type "XBK" the system will reply with...
"info:" all you need to do is to type using the keyboard the following example..

"Database backup from site V18.40h name date"
& then hit c/r twice.. The system will reply with "r>" & will now be waiting for your PC to receive the data.
(You will have about 2 minutes to get things moving!).

If you are using "windows terminal" then click on box marked "transfers" & then onto line "receive binary file" you will then be asked to specify a path & file name e.g... a:\opt11e.bkp.
hit c/r or "ok" & the backup should start. if this is successful, Then the system will give out a "ok" prompt at the end.

To verify the information on the disk with what is on the system, then type in LD 43 "XVR" the system will reply with "r>" & will start incrementing with "cccc"... for about 1 minute
until timeout.
(Don't hang about!)

Click on box marked "transfers" & then onto line "send binary file". select the same file that you did the backup on & hit c/r or "ok" & the verify should start. you will receive a "ok" prompt when it has finished.

If you are using "DOS Procomm +" then go to page 3 for help.

P.S when you have finished don't forget to change the baud rate switch's back on the CPU to 1200,2400 or 9600.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

When you use this on newer rls. be sure to take the time to verify the file after downloading it. It has been told in several cases in my company that even though the file size of the backup is correct, the file still may be corrupt. So take the time to .XVR befoure you can rely on the backup.

i2007

Hey guys,

Great posts above. Just a quick couple of questions reagrding backing up.

I am using hyperterminal version 690170 to connect to the Meridian console.

Our system is release 23 version 2111.

Do I need to change the Baud rate?

With this backup will this backup everything from phone configurations, to IDC tables to the Voicemail settings?

Hope this makes sense.

Nigel

Hello Nigel

Yes the "XBK" will back up everything that exists on the CPU "A" backup drive. i.e. from when the last "EDD" was carried out. You can use Hyper terminal to connect you your Option 11, but the baud rate will vary depending upon the TTY port that is used. It's best to use TTY "0". The baud rate can be changed by altering the dip switches that are on the CPU front face plate.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

Cheers Firebird,

I have managed to run the backup but I am now confused. Where are the backup files stored to?

When the LD 43 EDD has finished running I type XBK as instructed above and get EDD010. Does anyone know what this means?

Hope you can help
Nigel

XBK is an option 11 command

if you have a bigger switch use BKO

that will dump straight to the floppy

Cheers I will try that on Monday.

Im am pretty sure its an option 11c

if it's an 11, usually wall mounted, the cpu is a single ssc card, any other merridian has a cpu plus a cmdu..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back