Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

back up multiple servers with ArcServe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I am currently using ArcServe to back up our primary server and I was wondering if there was a way to back up mulitiple servers (3 total) with ArcServe even though our other two were initially configured as stand alone servers. Any advice on how this can be done (if possible) would be greatly appreciated.

You load the arcserve clients on the other servers then go back to the main server and go to the backup button. Once there right click on what ever agent you have loaded and click add object.Type either the name if you have WINS or type the IP address of the servers you want to load. You'll need to have a backup password for security. Then determine what style of backup you want. Short but to the point you should be able to figure the rest out.

re: Backing up multiple servers with ArcServe client agents
versions: ArcServe 2000 for Windows (v7) --I do not know if this applies to other versions or not.

To backup servers with the client agent, you need ArcServe Advanced Edition.

The workgroup edition will only backup workstations (Windows 2000 professional).

This applies only to backing up with the client agents. Both editions will back up servers when run locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back