Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

back-up disks for PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

coniglio

Technical User
Jun 17, 2003
US
my manager wants me to back up our PBX and send the disks off-site once a week. I am trying to find the correct disks to do this and none of my IT guys can help. Does anyone know if such a disk is available or if this is even doable? If our building blew up tomorrow we want to be able to retrieve the software and reload it to a new PBX. thank you

Hi Tcomanalyst,

You can backup your PBX in a PCMCIA card. Go for a Kingston or Scandisk 64 or 128MB PCMCIA - Memory Flash Card and then load the Meridian Release Software in the Card. Go to LD 143 for Arhiving the PBX.

With regards,
Vishnu.

you can mail the problems to so that i can be able to help you out. My E-mail Id is vishnu@owiusa.com

thank you Vishnu. I know nothing about PCMCIA cards. Do I buy several of them? And every week data dump and send this card off-site? remember, I don't know anything about PCMCIA cards (don't even know what that stands for!)

Another option would be use a comm program such as Procomm. Download the PBX program to a file and email it to whoever. Ld 143 I believe. That is what I have been doing on our option 11's

Wait a minute! Was it an option 11c ? or is it a larger option?

Is it a option 11c, it is possible to download a file to your pc. Attach a pc to one of the ports and log in to the system. Go to LD 143 and type XBK. The file will be stored on your pc. You can mail it anywhere..
Or, you can use a PCMCIA and place it in the slot on the card front of the SSC card. From LD 43 type BKO and backup files will be stored on the card.
Useable PCMCIA CARDS is Billionton ATA flash 45MB, Part number ATHI-045B

If you doesnt have an option 11 the way to do it is slightly different.

Depending on what release/hardware you have you have to use either 4MB discs or 2MB discs.
Try first with the 2MB size. Log in to LD 43 and type EDD.
You can see on the monitor if it works or not.
Otherwise use a 4 MB disc. But they are more difficult to find if you doesnt have a spare one.

since when did 11's have a ploppy disk in them?

Happiness is.....

forgive my bad english..
I think that everybody who wants to understand does that..

i have an Option 61C. I am 99% sure the 2MB disks don't work. I think those are the ones I tried. So are you saying just pop in 2 4MB disks where the regular disks are and do LD43? that sounds simple enough. But how can I tell via the monitor whether or not it's working? and if these 4MB disks are so hard to find, does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should look?

one more thing...what is the difference between ld 43 and ld 143?

on my Option 51c i had to get the 2meg disks and format them down in windows to 1.44megs and they work fine... don't know if it is the same for your 61c.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back