Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

back up config to tftp error

Status
Not open for further replies.

noband

IS-IT--Management
Dec 27, 2001
US
I am trying to backup the configuration of my pix 515 (os4.4) to a tftp server and keep getting the following message: Unspecified Error [FAILED] after the Building configuration... starts. I am using the write net command and have a tftp-server specified. Have tried several variations of the write net command syntax with the same error message. Also, I am able to ping the tftp box and the server is running. This has worked for me in the past. Any help on what I am doing wrong is greatly appreciated.

I only use tftp to upload IOS - just use hyperterminal, sh conf, Edit, Select All, Edit Copy, open notepad and Edit Paste.

Also a nice program to manage configs is Kiwi Cattools -
It manages all your firwall configs and catalogs changes, gathers statistics for reports - I find it invaluable. "If you lived here, you'd be home by now!"

George Carlin

Thanks haknwak the kiwi cattool is awesome!

Make sure the file exists on the TFTP server and has write permissions. Had fun figuring out that one this morning :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back