Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Back up Back End from Front End 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

THWatson

Technical User
Apr 25, 2000
CA
Using Access 2003
Front End / Back End operation

Is there a method for backing up the Back End (BE only) from the Front End of a split database?

I have set up an Archive process to archive old data, but want to ensure that the Back End has been backed up prior to the process taking place...in order to avoid corruption. I can, of course, ensure that by placing a message at the start of the process and directing that the database be exited if no backup of the BE has been created, but I'm wondering about a way to backup the BE without exiting.

Thanks.

Tom

If it's an access backend then why not just copy the table to the front end using a make table query?

Ian Mayor (UK)
Program Error
9 times out of 10 I know what I'm talking about. This must be my tenth reply.

Yep, that's an approach. Thanks.

Seemed to me I recalled somewhere seeing a method where you could make a backup copy of Back End tables using a command button from the Front End. Maybe I'm just imagining it.

Tom

THWatson . . .

Another way: BackUp Solution

See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see thread181-473997 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]
Also faq181-2886 [blue]Worthy Reading![/blue] [thumbsup2]

TheAceMan1
Thanks. I'll download the file and have a go.

Tom

TheAceMan1
Excellent approach!! Thanks.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back