Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Back to Back ONS/LS Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

f1fanatic

Programmer
Jan 28, 2008
GB
Hi,

I have been asked to do the above for DOA testing some a controller and to prove the ONS and LS ports work, but i cannot think on how to do this, i know how to test the ONS ports obviusly, but it is how to test the LS ports with no trunks, and what is meant by back to back them?

TIA

Take an ONS port and loop it around to a trunk port. They you can ring the ONS extension number to create an incoming call and create a basic ARS plan to dial out.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

So setup the LS ports in a trunk group as usual, then programmed ARS to route via these. The digits received by the controller will be routed to anothe ONS port? You could also use EVM for this and dial the DN of the VM hunt group, send this via ARS to the LS ports, digits received by the system are then routed to voicemail?

Thanks again.

For imcoming testing: You program an extension number on each ONS port. Therefore if you call any of those extension numbers it will ring in to the looped LS trunk. You can use trunk attirbute form to direct the incoming call to anywhere you want ( ext, embedded VM etc ). That will test incoming.

For outgoing testing you program your trunks as normal for outgoing calling ( trunk, trunk group, route, ARS etc. ). You need to play with ARS digits dial becuase you have to remember that once you access the trunk you will be getting ONS dial tone ( not central office ) from the looped ONS port. Therefore anything you dial after trunk seizure needs to be a dialable number on the system ( another phone, VM, console or whatever you have ).

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back