Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Back compatibility from v5.6.1 to v5.004_02

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokoko12000

Programmer
Apr 14, 2003
US
Hi all,
I developed a project using Perl, v5.6.1. I found out that I need to make it work with Perl, version 5.004_02. I tried to compile my application using in v 5.004_02, ( was developed in v5.6.1), but I get lot of errors.
Can anyone give me any pointers/suggestions of how to approach this.

Thanks,
Vid.

Vid,

What kinds of errors are you getting?

Mike

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at faq219-2884

It's like this; even samurai have teddy bears, and even teddy bears get drunk.

Vid,

If the software is developed on v5.6.1., how come you have to go back to 5.004_02? Was this a design contraint you were unaware of. If not and it's an after thought, ask for a new budget, and increase it because you're going to now have to manage two code bases, and have meetings with the sysadmins - This increase in costs when its levelled at the systems department will mean they'll probably upgrade the servers you're running on

HTH
--Paul

HI,
thanks for ur replies. I developed this app. in v5.6.1 and one of our customers are using 5.004 and are niot willing to upgrade their Perl. So I have no other way to make it work in the v5.004.

Till now, I found some of the missing modules and included them.

But for the tests, I have written, the perl test programes are asking for Test.pm which is not present in v5.004. Even if I copy the file from v5.6.1, its giving an error. Do I need to reimplement the tests for v5.004.

See statement on budget
--Paul

--Sometimes it's not about you doing the right thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back