Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Back button disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunchbox88

Programmer
Feb 17, 2004
US
The browser's back button will randomly disable itself, or only let you go back a couple of pages and then disable itself. Any ideas why this might happen?

Will disable itself once the browser gets to the first page - that is the first page that you visited once you open the browser and went to some web address.

[morning]

That's how it's supposed to work, but in the web application I'm building, it will just randomly disable itself. Theoretically, if what you're saying is true, and a user clicked on a link to take them to the log-in page of my web app, that would be the first page. It will SOMETIMES let them go back until that log-in page, other times, it will disable itself at the 2nd page, or some other page. It's very strange.

What browser are you using?

Vincent Wright
Web Developer
NSI Software, Inc.

I think the problem is with IE. I have seen this happen before. IE loses it's temporary history list. Try it with a different browser like Mozilla just for testing. It it works fine, then you will know it is with IE and not your code. I really doubt the problem is in your code.

Vincent Wright
Web Developer
NSI Software, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back