Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bab11.5sp4 block size 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabio9

IS-IT--Management
Sep 21, 2002
IT
Hi,
I'm looking for how to changhe the blocksize in bab 11.5sp4.

In previous version was the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates\BrightStor ARCserve Backup\Base\TapeEngine\Device#
in witch I can set values from 0 to 7, to have blocksize from 512 (0) to 65536 (7).For testing purpose I want to change the default blocksize of bab 11.5sp4, actually 64k.

The questions:
1) How can I change this value in bab 11.5sp4 ? Is the same key ? And the available values are...??

2) The maximum blocksize is...?? I can't fin any reference actually.

3) I need the same advices (how to change blocksize and witch is the maximum value) for bab 12.5sp1 because I am testing it too.I searched both on support.ca and google, can't find nothing...

Many thanks in advance.

fabio,

can you explain which blocksize you want to adjust ? for tape drives it is not advised to change the configured blocksize. When using backup to disk I would advise to format the Volume where you install you File System Device on with a 64k blocksize and leave the ARCServe settings to it's default settings.
If you want to adjust them anyway you have to go into the ARCServe Server Admin part.

regards

this blocksize, the one reported in the tape log :
2010/03/15 20:30:42 [1dcc] DRV:13 BlockSize set to: [65536]

because I have some issue on the eml. So hp told me to raise the blocksize. But since the issues started after a fw upgrade of the eml I wanto to test it before do it.

And in the ARCServe Server Admin part there is no way to change it, at least in the 11.5sp4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back