Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BAB 11.1 Windows and Client Agent NetWare

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephBAB

IS-IT--Management
Aug 2, 2005
FR
Hello,

I need to migrate data from one netware server to another new one.

I use BAB 11.1 for Windows to save the data by a Client Agent 11.1 NetWare. The backup works fine.

Now, I want to restore the data on the new server.

When I launch the restore job, it finishes itself after a few seconds, in status "Crashed", and the job returns in HOLD status.

Have you any clue ?

TIA

Regards.

Did you install the NetWare Client Agent on the new machine also ??

Hello,

Of course yes ;-) Same version, same revision.

After running BAB in debug mode, it seems to have a problem with the SCSI card, and the buffers allocated, but I'm not quiet sure of that yet.

Thanks for any advice or information.

Stephane

Hello,

Just for information, I've resolved the problem. It was due to a database inconsistency.

So I initialize the database in Server Manager, merge the information of the tape, and the restore works fine !

The log error messages aren't very clear, so if this information can be used to somebody, so much better !

The messages are not always clear, that's right.
The behaviour you described in this post normally have to do with Novell NetWare SMS: when you backed up using SMS and restore without it or when you backup a Novell Server using the NetWare Agent and restore the data to a Windows server.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back