Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BA735 Speakers Do Not Work On Realtek AC'97 Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

arh2o

Technical User
Oct 26, 2003
US
Just got a new mobo but my speakers (got them from gateway) don't work on my onboard realtek sound card. I think it has to do with digital output or something. anyone have a clue?

Do a Google search for "BA735 Speakers". There are many sites for this problem. Most of them point to contacting Gateway for new drivers for the sound "cards".

yae i did google searches but none of them told me how to get the speakers working with an 8 Channel Realtek Ac'97 onboard sound card. i tried moving it to Digital and Analog SPDIF but that did nothing.

Not sure with Realtek, but some on-board audio chips need a utility to configure the connectors. (from 2.1 to 7.1 or mic in, or aux in) There's no such utility with the software that you installed for the audio chip?

Is the onboard sound enabled in the bios?
Does the new mobo also have front audio header as well as rear jacks? If so, which one is it set to?

Did you download the new XP/2000 drivers from Gateway?

Soltek-K8TPro-939. I had an old Gateway 2000 from 4 years ago and i'm using the speakers (BA735) for my new comp. Headphones work on my 8 Channel AC'87 Card. It's just i think you need "Digital Output" to run the speakers but under realtek options i have Digital and Analog Outut selected already.

ALso it's a new mobo so shouldnt it have the compatible drivers for windows xp. Running Win XP Pro. I think it's maybe a problem with the S/PDIF-Out which i have set to "Output Digital Only". There's only 2 speakers and a sub and it has only one green cord connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back