Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

B410P with Asterisk 1.6 & Dahdi

Status
Not open for further replies.

nauliv

Technical User
Feb 7, 2006
US
Hello All,

I'm having a very hard time with a B410P/BRI on Asterisk 1.6 with dahdi... I got the card regognized:

[small]
asterisk*CLI> dahdi show status
Description Alarms IRQ bpviol CRC4 Fra Codi Options LBO
B4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1 RED 0 0 0 CCS AMI YEL 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)
B4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 2 RED 0 0 0 CAS Unk YEL 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)
B4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 3 RED 0 0 0 CAS Unk YEL 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)
B4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 4 RED 0 0 0 CAS Unk YEL 0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)
[/small]

But between system.conf, dahdi-channels.conf, chan_dahdi.conf, i can't seem to get channels recognized:

[small]
asterisk*CLI> dahdi show channels
Chan Extension Context Language MOH Interpret Blocked State
asterisk*CLI>
[/small]

Has anybody been able to configure succesfully a B410P with Asterisk 1.6 and Dahdi, and could post their configuration files ?

I'm using: centos 5.2, asterisk 1.6.0.6, dahdi 2.1.0.4

Thanks a lot !

Yup... I did.... But I wonder if mISDN is necessary as well, or not ?....

Anyways, I had spent too much time on this install, and had to finish quick, so I ended up using the lastest stable branch of Asterisk 1.4 / Zaptel. And everything works fine.

Guess we'll have to wait for Asterisk 1.6 to mature more, to see an easier install process for this quite complex card to manage...

Have to agree. Unfortunately, dadhi documentation is lacking. Had a similar issue installing/connecting a PRI. Card was Digium, so you would expect to get more support with their card. Did finally get the PRI card to work, but it took about half a day, too long for what should be a simple operation.

Had the same trouble recently...Channels wouldn't come up until I added #include dahdi-channels.conf in /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back