Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

b189 features page empty 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

phlight

MIS
Jul 24, 2014
US
Dislaimer: I'm not that familiar with Avaya and PBX in general, just a lone sysadmin managing it.

I'm running CM 5.2 and I just got a b189 to replace our old 4690. I programmed the b189 station into the system as 9650 since I understand they are somewhat similar, I have two working 9650c phone and b189 wasn't a valid option. The phone works but there is a features button on the touchscreen that is just empty. What are the features I can put there and how would I do it.
The S8510 server has the built in http server running to download the 46xxxsettings file but I don't know how to upload a new files there that have information for b189 phones.

I assume you'll need some more information to assist me and I'll be happy to answer/research any questions you have of me.

The questions I always ask my users
When did the issue start? When I got the phone
When were you last able to do X? It never worked.
Any changes to note? This is the first b189 phone we've installed.

Regards,

That's a good first step and sorry I missed that. I'm not in front of the phone but I've made that change.

I have read those. The Administering Avaya B189 Conference IP Phone discusses features on pages 23-25 but I'm not sure those are referring to the features page on the b189.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back