Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

B179 Time is always 7 hours fast 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nortel4Ever

Vendor
Nov 1, 2011
CA
Just installed a B179 at a customer's site but can't get its time to set properly, it's always 7 hours fast. Did all of my programming through the B179 itself vs. the browser so maybe that's the problem.
Disabled NTP
Region = Canada
Time Zone = UTC -7 (Mountain Time)

If I manually set the time it will stay, but as soon as the phone is moved to a different boardroom or restarted the time defaults to exactly 7 hours ahead.

Changed the Time Zone to UTC 0 thinking that's where the additional 7 hours was coming from but that didn't work either, time still 7 hours ahead.

The B179 is getting its DHCP from the customer's network vs. the IPO

I have installed a lot of B179 using the IPO as a DHCP server and they get the correct time from the IPO no problem.

Finally I gave up in frustration.

Turn on NTP and set it to either the IP address of the IPO or 0.pool.ntp.org

| ACSS SME |

@Nortel4Ever
Have you found anything to resolve this? I'm running into the same exact thing except its always 8 hours ahead. I'm in California so my UTC is -8. No matter what I do, use NTP or set the time manually, it always reverts to 8 hours ahead. I tried pointing NTP to an internal and external time server as well. I also tried pointing it to the IP of the IPO. I've also tried editing these settings from the phone and from the web interface. These phones are set with a static IP address as well and they register to the IPO no problem.

the IPO is on a server edition Rls 10.0.3 and the phone firmware is either 2.4.2.0 or 2.4.1.5. The customer has 4 of them doing the same thing.

Thanks.

I found that if the B179 pulls DHCP from the IPO then the time will be correct but can't get it to work any other way.

Ok, I'm now noticing the time gets better if I disable DST, but now I'm behind an hour. I suppose I could adjust the Timezone UTC to -7, but then once DST stops in November it will have to be changed manually. I will keep playing around with the settings.

Well, I figured it out. Under Daylight savings I was putting the DST timezone to +1 thinking, well, I'm moving ahead an hour when in DST, but no it wants what actual UTC timezone I will be in during DST. I can't believe how much time I spent working on this. [banghead]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back