Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

B179 Settings File

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratman01

IS-IT--Management
Oct 16, 2003
US
Does anyone know of a way to save a settings file (.xml) for the B179 conference phones that can download to the phone from a firmware file server (Utility Server) for all of the phones so we don't have to log into each phone and load the file.

Hi all, thats interesting for me too. I was not able to create a config file and place on the Utility Server which every phone can use.
Any ideas?
rgds

I have ended up creating a unique file for each phone based upon it's MAC address and loading it as a custom file upload on the Utility Server. Now the phones will upgrade their firmware and then search for this file for configuration. After this file loads the configuration and the phone logs in I can go to the phone via a browser and then set the display screen and time format for the phone as those can not be set via the settings file.

Hi Ratman, thamks for your reply. I try to export a configured xml file and import it to a new one without success.
How have you named the file (avayab179MACADRESS.xml) ?

I named it to avayab179-MACADRESS.xml and it was found by the device.

it must be named of the format avayab179-MACADDRESS.xml The phone then finds it. You can not set the time format or screen display with this file, that must be done via the web access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back