Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

B179 Conference Phone Setup 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcallen03

Programmer
Sep 16, 2011
US
Does anyone have a link to setup instructions for a B179 SIP conference phone with an IP Office? I have the instructions for the phone itself but not the IP Office side. I am really wondering what SIP fields need to be filled out.

Thanks.

Google:Avaya B179 SIP Conference Phone,Installation and Administration Guide

I am sure that you will find everything you need there... Set up is easy!

Just fill in the phone number you like (not programmerd in the IPO) and only for the Authentatcation Name use a Name, then as a password use 0000 thats it. The IPO should auto create the number.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Here is the cheat sheet I created for our technicians
1) Configure a user in manager (ie. Extn450)
a. Add password on front page and on Telephony -> supervisor login (ie: 1234)
b. Turn off Voice Mail
2) Configure an extension as SIP with base extension you configured and save to IP Office
3) Plug in the B179, once it powers up:
a. Press the menu key and navigate to status -> network and get the DHCP IP address
4) Open a browser and navigate to this address. Select ‘admin’ from the drop down box and password 1234
5) Go to settings -> SIP
a. Enter the extension number (ie: 450) in the 3 user name fields
b. Enter the IP Office address in the Registrar and Proxy address
c. Enter the password (ie: 1234) in the password box.
d. Leave all other settings default
e. Click apply.
6) Phone will register and be operational.

Those are great instructions. One thing to note. The account name field is what displays on the phone. You can put anything in there. I put in the users name and extension.

Thanks for the help.

I'll be curious to know if you get the web interface to work. I couldn't on the one I configured.
good luck

It's only dialtone!!!

The web interface was inconsistent. Sometimes I could connect to it. Sometimes not.

One thing that was an issue was the switch port vlans. It would not work for me if I plugged it into a port that had the data and voice vlan. It would only work if the port had voice vlan only.

ahhh good to know..my ports were voice/data also.

It's only dialtone!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back