Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

B179 Can't Access 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheldoom

Vendor
Dec 12, 2006
US
I have a customer that brought 2 B179s from a site they closed down to install on their IPOSE 11.1.2.3. Both phones were working.

I had him factory reset both phones, the first we accessed, setup and logged in and is working fine. The 2nd phone, I can't access using a browser (Firefox) either Default or Admin, when entering the password, it just jumps back to the login screen. So, 2 phones, same network, same firmware 2.4.3.5, same browser and can access one but not the other.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

"It's all ball bearings these days" Fletch F. Fletch

Try the IE plugin. These phones will only be accessed through Internet Explorer. Sometimes you can get lucky with another browser buts it's very inconsistent

That did it. Thank you!

I did have to add it to trusted intranet sites.

"It's all ball bearings these days" Fletch F. Fletch

Firmware 2.4.4.3 or somewhere in that vintage will allow you to manage the B179 from a modern web browser.

I've found that Firefox works, but Chrome and Edge do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back