Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[b]URGENT..PLEASE HELP[/b]...attach a final page to end of report!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmileyFace

Programmer
Sep 10, 2002
US
Would really appreciate some help here....I have a report that is a Sales Order Acknowledgement....it is printed in 'landscape' format. I need to print out a separate 'Terms & Conditions of Sales' page after the entire report prints out...and I do not want any of the information from the report to show up (incl. page header). I tried adding it to the report footer, but that still prints out with page header, etc. Is there any better way of doing this? Basically I need the whole report to print out and then after that a final page. How can that be done?? Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi !

If you format your Report section with "New Page Before" and conditionally suppress the Page Header with this formula i think it will be right.

if PageNumber = TotalPageCount then
true

/Goran

Thanks Goranm! But could you elaborate some more? Here's my format....

Page Header a (I used your conditional statement here, so it doesn't print on last page)

Page Header b (I put the 'Terms & Conditions' text here...but maybe thats not the right thing to do..any ideas?)

Details a
Details b

Report Footer a
(suppressed on last page)
Page Footer(suppressed on last page)

This prints such that the last page doesn't show the page header a, report footer or page footer, which is correct...but I am unable to start my Page Header b on a fresh page! Please help! Thanks again for your response!

Hi again !

I thought that you had your 'Terms & Conditions' in the Report Footer.
If you put them there I think it would work.

/Goran

Well, it didn't work. I set it to add a new page before, but it seems to start on the second last page and run into the last page...so the second last page prints with the page header and the last page just has the continuation of the Terms & Conditions though without the header (which is right). I need the Terms & Conditions to start on a fresh page and print out after the entire report. So I guess what you suggested works as far as not printing the page header/footer but putting the Terms & Conditions in the report footer isn't working with the 'New Page Before' checked and so doesn't start on a fresh page. Is there anything else I can try? Thanks for the help so far!

Well, we try again !

I´m not quite sure of how you have your section specified, but I still think this should work.

Move your 'Terms & Conditions' from Page Header b to the Report Footer.
Format the Report Footer section with the "New Page Before" checked.
And put the suppress formula in your Page Header section.

It´s late now, so I´m going to bed, but I hope you get through it, otherwise we hope that someone else can help you.
Or I will come back tomorrow to se if it is solved.

/Goran

Hey Goran! Really appreciate your help but thats exactly what I have done already! I moved it to the Report Footer and did 'New Page Before' in that section. It doesn't add a new page though. :(( Let me know if you have any other suggestions. Thanks!

You might simplify by keeping Goran's Page Header suppression, and then in the Details section use a formula in the New Page After that states:

onlastrecord

-k

SmileyFace,

Goranm's suggestion should work, but it sounds like your Terms and Conditions don't fit on one page. If this is the case, you could either change the font size to reduce the length of the text, or, if you don't mind the terms and conditions on two pages, change the suppression formula for the page header section to:

pagenumber in totalpagecount-1 to totalpagecount

Using "onlastrecord" will work also, although in the unlikely case that you had one detail on the last page of the details section, you would lose the page header on that page also.

-LB

Lbass, you are right.My terms and conditions page is over a page...I did what you mentioned and changed the suppression formula to what you stated, and it works fine as long as I have my font real tiny, as the report footer section doesn't allow much room. So now its tiny, but not really readable. And if I increase the font, it brings back the page header and doesn't start on a fresh page. I am getting frustrated with this! It sounds like such a simple thing to do, so why am I having these problems? Thanks to everyone for their suggestions...any mre help will be greatly appreciated!

Hi !

What do you mean when you saying that the report footer section doesn't allow much room?

Do you have the Text object or the formula field with your "terms and condition" formatted with "Can Grow" ?

/Goran

Leave your font the original size and try my second suggestion:

Change the suppression formula for the page header section to:

-LB

I did that earlier Lbass. Goran, in answer to your question, I am bringing in the Terms & Conditions page as an OLE object in the form of a Word doc. It doesn't have the option saying 'can grow'. I finally did what lbass suggested, and thought it was working but when I ran the report for another set of data, the page header jumped back up on the second last page, such that the report footer (terms & conditions) went on to two pages! Why won't it do the same thing for all sets of data? Please let me know If i need to furnish any more information. Thanks you all!

You must have "New Page Before" set for the report footer where the Terms and Conditions are located. If the Terms and Conditions are the same for all data, then they will always be two pages long, and they will always start on a new page. Using the suppression formula for the page header of:

...will always work because the T & C will always take two pages.

-LB

I understand LB. Somehow it doesn't work right I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that I have 2 report footers. Report Footer a & b. I have put the T&C in the report footer b....with New Page Before checked and the page header suppressed with the formula you mentioned. Just so you know, the T&C does fit on a single page, but inspite of that it prints on 2 pages when I just use pageheader=totalpagecount(with the page header printing on the second last page). However with your formula 'pagenumber in totalpagecount-1 to totalpagecount' it prints correctly only in some cases...rest of the time does the same thing as mentioned before..basically has the second last page showing page header. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back