Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

B/U EXEC 8.6 Semaphore timeout and Setup question

Status
Not open for further replies.

surjen

MIS
Jan 25, 2002
US
Hello,
I have a two part question. 1) I have a description of my setup below. I installed Backup Exec on one drive because it took up too much space on my C: drive. The Data I have to backup daily is around 80-90GB which will be around 120GB next month. I just want to know if you see any major problems with my current setup?

Here's my configuration:Win 2k Server I have 9GB SCSI HDD(C: drive) 3x80GB spanned HDD (E: Drive).
Backup Exec installed on E: drive. I have a .Bat file to backup folders from other servers onto the E: drive.
I created a backup job to run Tue-Sat, running a Full backup of the E: drive each day. I'm using an LTO single drive, and I manually change the tape daily.

2. I'm getting failed backups now, It says that I'm getting "Semaphore timeouts!". I've installed the latest Veritas drivers and it was able to get a sucessfull backup twice. But now it's going thru the same failure notice "Semaphore timeouts". I have my LTO on LUN id#6 which is not used by anything eles. What should I check?

I had a backup job just completed, but this time I backed only a few files (for speed). This time they reported as sucessfull. I'm attempting to backup the E: drive again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back