Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[b]Solutions for no bridged appearances or Msg Light waiting[/b] 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

grind247

Programmer
Dec 3, 2004
US
I am at wits end and just want to make sure Monday I may have a solution to resolve an issue.

We have two doctors who now share an office with a partner, the new doctor wants his own extension but they do not want and additional phones on the desk. Is there a way to have a form of a message waiting light on this extension for the new extension I'm going to build where as the receptionist can transfer to his phantom extension when he is not in the office and he'll know he has messages on his days in without having to dial in to VM?? If anyone has had to ever deal with difiicult people on a system with such limitation any resolutions you used would be of great help.

The new release ACS R7 has this feature built in. It so new that when it will be available for download is unknown. Our new stock has the latest release, so hang in their it will happen soon.

What voicemail are you using? There are some options if it is Partner Messaging.

VS mail is very limited. If it has outcalling, set the phantom mailbox to outcall to "#0910" which will light up the MW on 10, and add a Feature-10-10 button to manually turn it off.

If you don't have that available, time to upgrade!

Can this be done for any extension or is it just for 10? How will ex 10 know the difference if its there VM or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back