Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[b] Problem with report pages in CR viewer [/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirpelon

Programmer
Sep 13, 2001
MX
Hi,

CR 9.0
VB.NET 2003

I have a report that's driving me crazy, the report has two parameters, both are string type but one of them allow multiple values.

I use the parameter with multiple values on the record selection formula like this:

{vacantes.cve_vacante} = {?Clave}

This works like an IN clause, I preview the report on CR and everything it's ok. But when I try it on the VB .NET 2003 application with the crystal report viewer after passing the values for both parameters the report generates several blank pages between the real pages i have to navigate to first or last page several times and the blank pages dissapear.

Searching for an answer i discover that this only happens when the reports that has a parameter that allow multiple values.

I can't find what's causing this. I try to refresh the report but the report ask me for the value of the parameters again, i try to reassign the report source to the CR viewer and the report show's me all the data ignoring the selection formula.

Could you help me, pls?

Well, i finally figured out

The cause : I was customizing the statusbar and the text of the tab from the CR viewer, changing the labels of the panels and the text "MainReport", and this was causing the problem.

Now everything is ok.

I hope someone with the same problem find this helpfull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back