Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[b]PROBLEM WITH 2 IPOs & SHARED VM PRO INSTALLATION /b

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreaspergantis

Technical User
Nov 24, 2006
CY
Hi,

I have a problem with 2 IPOs 406V2 and a shared installation of VMPro. The IPOs are in different cities, both upgraded to v4.0.5 firmware and both communicating with each other via IP trunk with no problem. Now the client wants to share a VMPro installation (also v4.0) between the IPOs. So I put the IP of the PC running VMPro in both systems, but installed the license only in the "local" system (by local I mean the system that is in the same LAN with the PC running VMPro). Now, although the dongle is installed correctly, key server recognizes it, the license is shown as valid, VMPro client is configured to run in IP Office mode, the 2 processes of VMPro are running and there are no duplicate extensions or names between the systems, I don't have Voice Mail at all. I get "number busy" when I try to access any mailbox. VMPro doesn't create any mailboxes and System Status, when I try to access a mailbox gives me an alert that there are no VM resources available, although in the resources tab it shows that all VM channels are free and available. So I want to know if it is possible to use one VMPro instance with 2 systems, and if it is, how can it be done.

All answers are appreciated, but quick ones more so, as I am in the client now and it would be really helpful if I could have an answer the next 2-3 hours.

Thanks

One the remote system you'll have to put centralised voicemail on the voicemail tab and the ip and line group how the vmpro can be reached on the 'local' system.
You'll have to enable SCN and not only IPTrunking.

But your problem looks like a firewall problem on the VMPro system or the remote system with no licenses has claimed the VMPro before the local system did. This is why you'll have to set the remote system to centralised voicemail.
Look in the helpfile on the system\voicemail tab within the manager program.

Thanks for you answer and sorry for the delay for mine. Ok I enabled centralized voicemail and I configured SCN. Now as soon as possible, I will go to the "remote" site and see if it is working (the remote site hasn't opened yet, so I cannot ask an employee there to help me). Now if the problem IS a firewall (I think it is, because when I connect the VM PC directly to the IPO the VM is working fine), which are the ports used by VM so that I can ask the client's IT guy to open them. I cannot find them in the VM documentation.

Thanks again for the help.

@andreas

you can test it yourself
the only "but" is you need an ip phone
first of all login at the remote site
make an ipphone and user with an ipadres of the main location
then configure the ipphone
use the ip adres of your main site
callsv is the ipoffice at the remote location
router is the remote ip office
then it should register at the remote site and you can test what ever you want

Status