Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[b]Outcalling with Partner ACS[b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

grind247

Programmer
Dec 3, 2004
US
We have a New pysician in our network that is getting one of our sattlite locations. He claims that his prior office had out calling on his partner system. I have never heard or programmed such features, I going under the assumption that purchasing is getting him the lastest and greatest switch, which I don't know what version they are up to yet. We are a Definity based company with a few partner keys at sattlite locations, I know outcalling on Octel abd Audix, but not familiar with one on Partnermail, if there is such capability, please advise. Thank You

Outcalling is avaialable on many but not all Partner Voicemail systems.Find out which one and someone will help.

They have a two port partner mail VS with a 3.0 Partner.The outcalling seems not to be working everything is programmed accordingly but the switch is not calling out, I have even seen the line light go on and we were standing there with the doctors cell phone and pager and nothing . Everything this set to minimum in regards of the time to dial out and the number of attempts(2). Is there something on the Partner end that may need to be configure possibily??

Well, you saw a line light up, so it is accessing an outside line. You need to find out where the call is failing. Put your butt set in monitor mode on the line that it is likely to access, and listen to the call. Do they need to dial 9 for Centrex calling? A long distance account code required by the carrier? Are the VM ports restricted, and the call meets wave-off from the Partner?

Thank You all for the help last night when Allisland made mention about inserting a "9" the light bulb went off in my head and you are correct Tommy I needed to add another 9 with pause for they have centrex. Everything works fine now thank you soooo much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back