Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[b]NEED TO KNOW HOW TO CREATE FORM MODIFICATION LOG[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue1914mab

Technical User
Oct 17, 2005
US
I have a button on a form that when clicked, updates the status, date stamps, and post the current user who has been assigend that record. I need to be able to keep a log, like the "Name Auto Correct Log" that shows every time that button has been selected, along with date, and user who clicked it.

I'd create a table for that log (with columns for user and date/time) and use VBA code and an INSERT query to write a record to it every time the button was clicked. For date, you could use the Now() function; for the user, Environ("Username").

By the way, please don't use all caps for your topic titles. I realize you want your topic to stand out, but then everybody wants that. Just use informative topic titles (yours was fine) and that'll draw viewers by itself, whereas the use of all caps might drive them away.

"Any fool can defend his or her mistakes; and most fools do." -- Dale Carnegie

I am assuming what you want is an audit trail. You can find many threads on Audit Trail. Use the search feature of this form and you will find FAQ's and threads full of VBA codes that you can implement in your database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back