Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[b]Looking up DID and NONDID ranges[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giterdone

IS-IT--Management
Oct 13, 2005
US
I was recently asked to look at a S8700 media server to determine the DID and NONDID ranges. How would I go about doing this, I have no documentation on this site from the previous support personnel.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Who supplies your local and long distance service? I would request information through them. Usually DID's are ordered through the same service provider that supplies your T1 trunking.

you may be able to obtain some information from the incoming digit translation pages in the "ch trunk-group x" forms, but I agree with Lilysann if you have no documentation the best bet is speaking to your provider to obtain the comprehensive details

By the way, how do people reach you from the outside world? Do you have a phone number that they can dial to connect directly to the phone at your desk? In other words, they don't have to go through an operator or an automated service from your company's main number to reach your extension? Usually the last 4 or 5 digits of that phone number represent your extension. DID's are ordered in blocks of 20 through your service provider. For example, if your extension is 3133 and your full phone number is (216) 555-3133, the DID range might be (216) 555- 3130 through (216) 555-3149. You could verify it through the service provider who maintains your DID ranges (again, typically the same company that supplies you local or long distance service over a T1.

Thanks every one for the input, this particular location has direct dialing, you don't have to go through the operator to connect. I entered a request with the LEC for the DIDs. How would I determine the nondids?

Look at what is established in the dialing plan. Once you know what your DID ranges are, everything else is non-DID.

Susan
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
- Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

display bull - maybe the previous admin was kind enough to put some information in there. I know I always populate this with sites information, especially DID ranges.

Non-DID's are obvious once you determine your DID's...

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back