Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[b]COPYING STORED PROCEDURES[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kissarmi

Programmer
Feb 14, 2002
US
Hi,

I use a lot of Stored Procedures with my Apps. I also use several databases at the same time. The databases represent fiscal years of data, so the only difference between them is updates made to the information from year to year. When a new year comes around, I simply copy the tables from the previous year into the new year database. Is there any way to simply copy all the stored procedures from one database to another without having to individually copy and paste the SP code?

Thanks for any help.

You can highlight them all and Generate a Create/Delete Script which you can then run on the other database to create all of the sp's at once...

DLC

You can generate single SQL script for all stored procedures at once w/ enterprise manager (DB -> all tasks -> generate SQL Script -> Show All -> all stored procedures), save SQL file and use it when necessary.

Why not just use EM and import all of the SPs. It just requires a clicking a checkbox on all the SPs. Just use the import wizzard and uncheck "copy all objects". However, a script is faster the next time you need it.
-Karl

Using Enterprise Manager, I would use a DTS package for this, but it will still need to be tweaked each time to point to the new target database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back