Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[b]Condtitional Page Margin sizes in CR8.5[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxflorida

Technical User
Apr 16, 2002
US
Is there a way to change the margin size for a report so that page 1 has a margin suitable for letterhead and pages 2+ have "normal" margin sizes?

Other than manually placing your fields on the report in such a way that the margins on the letterhead page are wider - i.e., the left side and right side don't go all the way to the edge of the report in the designer - I don't know of any way to do this.

-D

Thanks, but my problem is actually with the top/bottom margins.

You could insert a second page header (or resize the report header section, if not otherwise used, since this will not appear on subsequent pages) and insert another page footer section to add additional space on page 1. Then go to format->section->page header_b/page footer_b->suppress->x+2 and enter:

pagenumber > 1

-LB

Or if page 1 is significantly different from the other pages, insert a new report header section and in the Report Header A place the Page 1 text/fields/formulas to allow for additional top and bottom margins, and then use new page after. this is dependent upon how you intend to use page 1, my assumption being that it is a cover letter of some sort and doen't iterate through rows, in which case this works fine.

Now design the rest of the report using the full real estate available.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back