Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[b]CICs 2nd Slot Insists on Being DID[b/]. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainnman

Vendor
Sep 30, 2004
US
Reinstalling a customers inhereted (abandoned) Cics and while expanding it with a DS card it seems the second slot was only responding as a DID card. Swapping, rotating empty slots, restarting (3 times with 5 minute delays between power recycles) and reprogamming attempts had no effect. No option was offered to be able to change the line type. Anybody hate when this happens, and were you able to change her mind?

U already had a DS card in the first slot .. and now you're just trying to add a second and it only recognizes it as DID ???

Default the programming and start over.

PhM

Digitalmind: Yes, even without anything in the slots it sees a DID card. Arr: Defaulted 3 times with no effect. PCMIA card reads;
NNTTV040 DLMR3R 1999/0701
NT7B64CN 0002 Rel 2
NA CICS RESTRICTED 4.0
s/w V 5.04 2001/01

Just called the customer to have him read me the Maintenance Display of the version and he told me it says "Access Denied" after resetting the system (that's new).

Restricted software is 4x8 (4 trunks, 8 stations), second card slot will be unavailable. The system may be by default displaying D.I.D card. "Access Denied" may be as a result of attempting to enter programming from a 8 button set (?) To program on the KSU a 7310 or 7324 is required.

Certainly appreciate the info.......Thought I saw a couple of Red Flags when "restricted" came up[Sleeping2]. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back