Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

[b]bold[/b] AD MMC error

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnterhawk

MIS
Nov 13, 2001
US
I'm not sure what Forum to put this in so I am hoping someone here can help. I tried to install administrative tools to a win 7 computer and get an error when running AD users and computers "MMC could not create the snap in"
if anyone can help ...Thanks

You should add this to the particular server forum for which this issue applies. Are you trying to manage Windows 2003 or 2008 servers from Win7. What version of Windows 7 are you running?

Actually thanks I did figure it out ... I had to uninstall the RSAT and then reinstall ...then going in control panel and clicking on Turn windows features on or off in Programs and Features. THis brings up a list ... choosing the appropriate features is what made the difference. ( I had tried it before uninstalling the RSAT ujpdate but it didn't work ...that's why I say uninstall first)

Thanks ..I know that was abreviated but if anyone needed it ...it'll give you enough info to work it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back