Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Axent Raptor 6.5 with PcAnywhere 10.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

antman1

Technical User
Dec 5, 2002
US
I am trying to use PcAnywhere 10.0 to connect through my Raptor firewall to a PC on my network. I do not have a VPN server, Raptor is on an NT 4.0 SPa box, the PC's involved are both windows 2000. I have opened UDP port 5631 and TCP port 5632 on the firewall. Any ideas?

I believe it will not work. From what I have read on Symantec's website, it will not work. I gave up about 6 months ago. I installed a modem and used a dialup to work with, also as long as you are behind the firewall it works great with remote help desk features. If anyone has mastered this one I would like to know as well.

We use PCAnywhere 10.5 and it works fine. You have to open those ports both inbound and outbound. Since our inside IPs are 10.x.x.x, I redirect a 198.y.y.y address to the 10.x.x.x address.

I must be missing something. I keep getting an error
"239 Sending TCP Reset as port [5631] not allowed"

In addition to having the ports open you need to foward them to the proper private address.

In your Symantec set those ports to foward to a custom Virutal Server and specify the address ex. 192.168.X.X, then the packets will go the computer that is running PCAnywhere.

I did this on one of my clients sites and it worked fine.

good luck,
Phil

YOu need to set up a protocol first for the Status and Data port for the PCanywhere. Remember that Data is TCP and Status is UDP.

Then create a redirect service from your outside nic to the internal ip of the pc anywehre system

Then create a rule to allow incoming traffic to the pcanywhere system.

I have pcanywhere running fine on my symantec ver 7.0 under windows 2000.

I have done all the previous steps. But, I am still receiving an error on the firewall and unable to connect.

Statistic: duration=0.00 id=bdoyv srv xxx.xx.xx.xx/1102 proto=5631/tcp connection closed immediately.

I am still a little unsure of my next move.
Thanks for your help!

If you are leaving these ports open inbound and outbound, is this not a security risk for hackers? I am interested in your configuration. Does PC Anywhere reuire specific ports or are you assigning those in an extreme high range. I am sure anything port under 1024 is a security risk.

Unfortunately I am unable to complete this configuration. Our Internet provider, which is a state agency, has revoked any privileges for the port 5631 and 5632.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back