Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avotus Support Agreements

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabble

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
CA
Is anyone using Avotus for their annual support for OTM?

My agreement comes up for renewal at the end of August and I just received word that their pricing structure has changed so I am looking at a 100% increase in my annual support from them. They also have dropped the free annual upgrade.

They have gone from a bulk pricing structure to a per license pricing structure based on the number of TN's you have.

Just wondering what your experiences are?

I'm trying to decide if I should even bother with the support - maybe only take out support on the buffer boxes.

Thanks.

You might want to look at Phonemaster by Phoneware. You can buy for about the same $$$ that Avotus will charge for OTM maintenance. Its a super product - all GUI - and very easy to install and use.

Hi - I'm a new user to tele-tek -
Used and using Avotus OTM for years since they supported MAT 6.0 - If you work with OTM everyday you began to get a hang of it yourself . Instead of paying for support - what about going to global knowledge for the classes offered ?

thanks
Josie

OTM isnt that hard to admin yourself. What i would do with that money you would have spent for annual maint is get Avotus to send a trainer and create custom admin Doc's for youy and your org and start to admin it in house

i jumped into OTM blind and withim a few weeks I was proficient, and a few months i could so just about anything

now i use avotus on my cisco callmanager and no support needed since its the same almost 100% as OTM

If you are still looking for an alternative to OTM send a request to...info@oxilio.com.

How many times have you called Avotus? Do you really need the support that they offer? It would be one thing for rate tables but if you look at the tables they aren't that hard to keep track of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back