Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avoiding automatic click event 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabineri

Programmer
Jun 20, 2001
US
I have a combo box in vb6 and its click event is triggered each time data is changed or the listindex is modified elsewhere in the program. The combo box has no mouse-down or mouse-up events so what is a good way to have the click event only fire when it is actually clicked? I have been setting flags to avoid this bu there surely has to be better way.

Thanks for any help.

David Abineri

I know what you mean. The otherway is to call the api and handle the messeges yourself. From that perspective, one extra if...then wrapper is not that bad.

David-

You can use the DropDown event of Combo Box. This is triggered when the combos menu drops down, which occurs when the user clicks on the combo box.

Hope this helps!
Josh

MrEGuest is correct on dropdown event. I thought you wanted a click triggered by selecting from the dropdown list. If you haven't used the dropdown event before, you should know that its triggered when the down arrow next to the combobox is clicked. NOT WHEN YOU SELECT AN ITEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back