Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avoid the access code

Status
Not open for further replies.

josele

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2001
ES
I want to know how can i access the outgoing trunk without dialing the access code, resuming i want only to dial the public-network number. I think that i have to change a parameter of the COR or the COS.

You can dial the outgoing trunk either through TAC or through access code. TAC would require the parameter on the trunk form "dial access" to be "y" .
However, you can also use Facility test to make the call provided you have the option to do that in COR. The procedure is simple You need to dial the facility test code followed by the trunk physical port no.(01a1106)where a=1, b=2.. At this step you'll get the network dialtone & you can continue with dialing the no. Note: The no. dialed thru facility test call would override all restriction & would not be reflected in the CDR....#-)

Hope this help.

But i want to do that automatically, p.e fax.

May be HOT LINE on the 3rd screen of ch st form can be useful for you? But in such case you'll be unable to use FAC.

Is forced entry of account codes set to yes in your COR? José B. Olagues
Telephony Administrator
NACIO Systems

Jolagues, I mean 'Feature Access Code' for FAC, not 'Forced entry of Account Codes'. Sorry for misunderstanding.

Josele,

Like kva said.. If it is for an analogue line you can make a hotline with destination (0 or 9) depending on what you have to dial for an outside line. This automatically gives an outside line after which a fax can dial the public network number.

Rgds,

M.

You can use "ARS dialing without FAC" feature, formerly "ARS shurtcut dialing".
Check if it's opened (in customer options form).
If so changed you dialplan - go to any cell and type ars.
The only thing this feature makes - you dial number without fac. This call is threated as ARS call anyway so it's your responsibility to set up proper ARS.

Warper

_warper,

1. "ARS dialing without feature" is disabled by default;
2. The length of the number treated as ARS call is restricted by 6 digits (it's the maximum length of the number in the dialplan of Definity) - often it's not enough.

Thanks, Kva!!!
I've got the solution with the hot line destination, and a abb enhanced.

kva,
> 2. The length of the number treated as ARS call...
The length of digits is not restricted so much.
Once you dial such a number your input is treated as ARS and you should continue dialing.
I'm sure because I made such a calls myself (7-digits public number).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back