Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AVG will not uninstall 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

briteyes

Technical User
Nov 6, 2001
NZ
I use AVG for free, always have since it started BUT In error I clicked on the free for 30days ( which must have been the full version)instead of the AVG update last month and now I keep getting the screen wanting me to insert my license number to continue.

I did a restore to 2 weeks prior to installation of this application but still that did not remove the license screen coming up and I cannot get the free version back onboard

I have tried to uninstall the AVG 2013 that shows up in my control panel of installed programs. This is the msg I get when that has done its work.
Severity:Error
Error code:0xC0070643
Error msg: General Internal error
Additional msg: The removal of the product failed
@AVGMSI_Error27023
Toolbar install/uninstall failed (0xE001D000)
Context:Uninstallation of AVG, MSI action failed.

Any help would be appreciated.
I run win7 and do automatic upodates.
I also run chrome as my default browser

I welcome all peoples more knowledgeable than I, which covers most of the world.
Thank you

Download ccleaner. Use the tools, and uninstall AVG 2013. Also, run the registry cleaner. My opinion is Avast is better. Still free, and easier to bypass the annoying ads to upgrade to the paid version, although they are becoming more intrusive also.

Don't feel lonely, I've sometimes clicked on something in an installer and ended up with crap I didn't want too.

Watch out for small print where you have to uncheck additional crapware (IE toolboars, etc.).

Thank you to all who responded. Yes I went in the end to avg utilities, downloaded their cleanup app , ran this and did a clean install of the FREE avg.

A great antivirus ( among other things) kit that I reccommend to all my friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back