Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AVG Ver 7 Installer will not recognize required MS IE Ver 6 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOSHELP

Instructor
Jul 11, 2005
US
AVG ver 7 free dowloaded but will not install on Win98 second ed. although W98 is ok to use.

Error message:
"IE 5.1 or MS 2000 is required." We do have IE ver 6 (not 5.1) and MS Word 2000. But these are not recognized by AVG Ver 7 installation process.

We are running earlier AVG Ver 6. And, instructions for AVG Ver 7 say AVG 6 does not have to be removed.

Grisoft Co.does not E-mail nor telephone support its free AVG Ver 7.

How can I get the installation to complete?

Perhaps Grisoft has not got to putting MS IE6 into it's application process; and really means having MS IE5 is, indeed, a must have for your installation. But such an oversight seems unlikely.

Indeed as I have installed V7 sucessfully on at least two W98SE machines running IE6 without any problems,
It does compain if you try to install on W95 running IE5, as you might expect.

Steve: Delphi a feersum engin indeed.

SOSHELP,

Have to agree with SGGAUNT, have installed on three W98SE machines and two had IE5.x and one IE6.x so I'm not sure what gives and all had Netscape 7.01 as default browser.

Believe I may have uninstalled AV6 before installing AV7. Might give that a try.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back