Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

avg admin question

Status
Not open for further replies.

networktrouble

Technical User
Oct 14, 2003
BE
how can I select a (single) station to do a complete test / scan ?

networktrouble (TechnicalUser) 12 Feb 08 5:09
how can I select a (single) station to do a complete test / scan ?

Insufficient data for meaningful answer.

Please explain in more detail what you want to do.

[navy]When I married "Miss Right" I didn't realise her first name was 'always'. LOL[/navy]

I have found a way to do a complete virus scan for al the stations in the network, but is there a way to only do a scan for 1 station ?

What's the problem with just selecting the workstation you want to scan?

[navy]When I married "Miss Right" I didn't realise her first name was 'always'. LOL[/navy]

The admin tool leaves a LOT to be desired. It's cludgy and slow, and hard as ____ to figure out how to do simple actions. Right now I'm fighting the new 8.0 version, as it seems to not be able to control scanning schedules, and a few other tasks too.

I hated that in 7.5's admin tool, just to turn something off you had to turn it on first, even if it was already turned on at the client. Who thought that stupid move up?

I'll stick with AVG because their client is very fast and very good, but the admin control for the network product has to get better, much better. It's as useful as programs were 30 years ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back