Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Average per month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delphin

Programmer
Nov 27, 2001
US
CR 10 against SQL Server

I have a listing of the number of calls and the days they were made.

Day 1

Day 2

total days = 2

I have it group to give me the total calls per day and the total calls for the month. What i need to do is get the total number of days these calls were made on per person. I cannot use the distinct count, cause these are datetime fields.

Billy Ballard

For in the past, Lies the future.

Share example data for the relevant information.

You state that you have per person, yet your example data doesn't support this data, and your example shows day 1, not datetime fields.

Try to be specific and demonstrate real data, otherwise you'll just cause multiple posts to try to exact real information.

Do you need the number of calls made to persons, or made by persons?

A simple way to convey requirements is to show example data and the resultant output required.

If you need number of calls per person, would this be pre person per day or per day per person?

In either case add in another group by the person and you should be ok.

-k

I already got it... All I was looking for was the number of days.

I added a formula to break out just the date portion, then did a distinct count on that under the group that held the person section. Now I have the number of days each person work to get the average call per person per day.

Billy Ballard

For in the past, Lies the future.

A group wouldn't hold a person section, perhaps you mean that you also had a person group...somewhere...

Glad you worked it out, this would have proven a long thread otherwise.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back