Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Average Hourly Wage For A+ Certified Technicians?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BehnoodM

Technical User
Feb 6, 2006
US
What is the average hourly wage for an A+ Certified Technician?

not something I could answer with any best guess. It depends on what job you get, where in the world you get it, how much competition for the job is there, etc.

I can say in the US - if paid via hourly wage, the lowest you'll get is minimum wage. ;)

Not very helpful I know, but here is a link to some more info

Plus look around in the paper for jobs like manning a help desk - what the requirements are, and what's the pay scale. Cost of living itself will make a pretty big difference depending where you live. Call companies and ask them what they would pay for someone with an A+ cert.

"Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"

Stuart
A+, Net+, Security+, MCP

What experience do you have other than the cert? Where are you based in the world?

I would guess that in the UK you would be lucky to get £8 - £9ph and that's maybe pushing it.

SimonD.

The real world is not about exam scores, it's about ability.

Especially when you and someone else are interviewing for a spot, and you have the certification and they dont...

If you think you can, you might...if you know you can then you will.

A+

JPLWU,

You are so right !

I talked to a manager at a local car rental agency - they had an openning for a PC tech - they got over 200 apps.

Certifications is just one way that HR can sort through ALL those apps!!

Just a thought!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Certs I think help you through the door but knowledge keeps you there.

Dazed and confused
N+, MCDBA 2000, MCAD .NET,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back