Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya's Version of Nortels Voicecall

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinTMI

Technical User
Aug 29, 2006
Ive been through the shortcode's looking for some kinda of voicecall type shortcode and havnt found anything.. Wondering if maybe it isnt a shortcode and im missing something? If anyone knows how to do this please let me know.

Just to clarify Incase your not fimiliar with Nortel Lingo. Voicecall works like;

Dial an extension and nobody has to pick up the phone you can speak through the phone dialed and listen right away.

Thank you

Justin

you mean auto answer?

button programmed as Emulation-Auto Answer will auto answer internal calls.

If you set the data as FF it will also auto answer external calls.

If you don't want a button set the source number as *DCP number 0,0,2,2,0 feature CAll Waiting On.

why not just use a Dial Direct shortcode, no need to enable auto answer on the set since that will affect other calls received by the set.

If you want to do it with a programmable button use any of Dial Direct, Automatic Intercom or Dial Intercom.

that worked great thank you. I want to step it up to the next level.. I want to call into the office and hit ohh say 4 on my menu and it to Dial Direct ext 3004 and the phone to auto answer aafter hours so i can hear in my office at night time.. Is this possible? I have tried many different short codes and nothing works properly.. Thank you very much..

-Justin

Wouldn't a webcam with a mic be easier? :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

No I have a server that runs everything and the other day i had to drive 40 miles to see what was happening with the server. If i can call in and hear the beeps through my phone I would of know it was a RAM issue rather then driving all the way here thats what i want it for

Dial Intercom works perfectly, however it's an emulation only feature as I can tell myself.

Justin and I, as he mentioned are trying to do something for a server room. Sure, webcams and other solutions work but this is something our old boss had working with his old Toshiba system and it worked well. This is where we got the idea from. I have a phone in the room that is speaker phone for technical troubleshooting. If let's say I have an array fail on my raid and it starts beeping I can tell instantly that I need to come in and take care of it. If I can't remote in and I listen and there is no beeping then I would be fairly sure it is nothing major.

So programming a button works fantastic with Dial Intercom. We want to emulate it from a menu within the voicemail as an option. It would be even better if we could trigger any phone if we could use the $KEY as a variable.

Think of it as a selling feature of employer that wants to listen in on his office late and night to ensure no one coming back in after hours and screwing around.

Just an idea we are playing with and we would love to see if we can get it to go.

OK we figured it out.

We created a short code using Dial Direct (3XXXX and N, as the feature. Then setup a menu option in this case 3XXXX (4 x's as that is the extension number length).

So I can call in, hit option 3 (on VM menu as 3????, 4 ?'s for the extension). That routes to a Transfer with a $KEY as a variable.

Now I can all in off my cell phone (based on my CLID info for my custom menu), and dial whatever extension I want in the office and it will que up the speaker phone and I can listen and talk if required to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back