Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya's Meet Me Conferencing & SBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnoob

IS-IT--Management
Jul 26, 2012
US
Hey all, we have an issue at our company that I'm hoping the Tek-Tips community can help with

Avaya 5.2.1 connected to an AudioCodes SBC via SIP trunk which ultimately connects to MS Lync

Problem:

Call initiated via Lync client to a number that resides on the Avaya switch (a Meet-Me conferencing VDN) that ultimately connects to the prompting and passes DTMF properly and all. HOWEVER, after about 31 to 32 seconds of traffic, the call disconnects. According to the logs, the BYE command is coming from the Avaya side. This has been consistent behavior and can be replicated without a hitch.

This happens on both expanded and 6-party meet me conference VDNs. If we dial the DID using the same method described above, it works totally fine.

Anyone help me shed some light on this? I've been trying to find timers for the Meet-Me conferencing features within CM and cannot seem to find any?

ALSO, we have calls that are tacked up longer than 31 seconds that are between Lync and Avaya. The problem only persists when it's used for conferencing.

Thanks in advance!

What kind of calls work without a problem? What kind of calls drop after 30 seconds?

If you had a vector that listening to 35 seconds of music and then transferred to a 6 party meet me conference, when would your call drop?

What I'm getting at is there's probably a trunk group setting you'd need to tinker with to make the system react nicely when it is the system retaining the call rather than a phone on CM that would deliver a nice clean SIP exchange that would never tear the call down for no good reason.

Thanks for your reply!

Those calls that do disconnect after 30 seconds are calls that are ONLY made to conference bridges hosted on Avaya.

The calls that stay tacked up and do not get disconnected until we hang up are Lync to internal Avaya extension and Lync to PSTN via Avaya trunks.

For the Meet Me Conference calls, we get the welcome announcements and the prompts to enter the meeting ID. After doing so we are joined into the meeting and we still get disconnected...

ALL of the calls from Lync connect to Avaya using a single SIP trunk, TG 65.

I have tried tinkering with the TG settings however to no avail. Avaya doesn't seem to provide much settings that we as admins can configure for Meet Me Conferencing as well so there's not much I can change. If there is a spot that someone knows where I can change even timers for Meet Me Conferencing do let me know.

On your SIP trunk, are you using TLS or TCP?
I had a similar issue with some 3rd party SIP phones registered to Session Manager that could not handle TLS. Inbound calls to the phones worked but outbound calls failed after 30-35 seconds. It was fixed with a unique trunk group between CM and SM with the transport method on the signaling group set to TCP and forcing all traffic from these phones to use that trunk.
Another suggestion is to disable direct IP-IP connections in the signaling group to force calls to use DSP resources on a media-gateway.

Thank you for your suggestions

We are utilizing TCP for signaling.

Also, I failed to mention in the original post that we are NOT using Session Manager. CM 5.2.1 is capable of handling SIP natively.

I've tried disabling the Direct IP to IP and unfortunately still is not working....

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back