Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avayas IP Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig21

Programmer
Mar 13, 2002
GB
Is anyone currently using IP Agent in a large call center environment yet? If so is it worth the bucks to put people off site using two way connect

I personally know of two outsourced Call Centers that use it and are very happy about it.
Depending on where you are located and the remote agents are situated you have to see if the added toll cost is something that is okay for you.

Basically it is always cheaper then remote epn's or an other DEFINITY with ACD and best service routing.
Only at high call volumes that would be something to consider.

As far as quality and reliabilty is consurned: GREAT
phone9ani.gif

Please let me know if the information that was provided is helpfull.
Edwin Plat
A.K.A. Europe

We just started using IP Agent over a SecureRemote (checkpoint) VPN connection this week. We've had a lot of problems with the connection to the switch dying off. This has everything to do with the VPN connection, and hardware in between, however - IP Agent definitely appears to be more "sensitive" and less forgiving when it comes to packet loss. A couple of things I've learned this week:

[li] Stress test the connection that you'll be using for the ip transport to the switch.

[li] Make sure you turn on Event Logging in IP Agent (Tools, Program Options, Event Logging).

[li] Make sure you're on the latest rev's of everything.

[li] Be willing to wait days for Avaya Tier 3 to get back to you if you have problems.

[li] Make sure you have all the RTUs turned up: disp sys cust page 1 and disp cap pages 5, 8, & 9.

Avaya has firmware upgrades for the MedPro board to v34, and a QPPCN upgrade for the CLAN Board to 799c v3, plus there's also a QP out for IP Agent v2 that was rel'd on January 7, that provides support for WinXP and supposedly solves a reported dropped call problem, and offers some enhanced VPN configuration parms.

I don't doubt that in time we'll get this to work reliably with our VPN connection, but I have to say that it would have been a lot less problematic (but of course more costly) to be running over a frame port, or even a 56k circuit.

I think craig21 was talking about "people off site using two way connect", so that probarbly is the TELECOMMUTER implemantation, but thanks anyways

I am preping to deploy CentreVu IP agent in a call center running on a Genesys CTI platform. We will probably be using the TELECOMMUTER configuration as well. Not having any experience with remote agents in a CTI environment, unsure as to the best way to configure the agents to be monitored. should I use Virtual extention, Virtual dn? can the IP agent belong to multiple groups??

I am getting ready to setup a small customer service call center department split with IP Agent two way connect telecommuter and a Davox dialer off site. Testing has proven
that it will work but will the user excepted it?

Has any one had a chance to play with the new 6400 IP phone sets yet? We are currently using IP trunking and I am wondering if the bandwidth usage would be the same.

Thank you for your responce seems that IP Technologies are still so new. Just some more questions to ask at AnAAU in San Diego, CA next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back