Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Workplace + Single sign-on

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzWizzard

Technical User
Oct 28, 2019
CA
Hello gents,

In release 11.1, the notes says it's now possible to have a user authenticate in IX Workplace using their SSO credentials and it would log their extension automatically instead of signing in 2 times:

11.1 Release notes said:
Currently an Avaya IX™ Workplace user has to login to two accounts: IP Office for
telephony as well as Avaya Cloud (Spaces) for Instant Messaging. Single Sign On will
allow the user to sign in once to Avaya Cloud (Spaces) and be passed through to IP
Office as authenticated for telephony – using industry standard OAuth 2.0. Minimum
Avaya IX™ Workplace 3.8 client is required.

I'm trying to understand how this works because in typical Avaya fashion, documentation is sparce.... Obviously you need an Avaya Cloud account (previously known as Zang.io) and your company domain needs to be validated and all that. SSO also needs to be configured in Avaya Cloud as well.

But my question is, has anybody played with this? Is that really a single sign-on experience, meaning, does the process also logs you in with your extension and IPO user password automatically?

Thanks!

In the Manager ADmin manual, page 269

Navigation: System > Avaya Cloud Services

The Avaya Cloud Services tab contains configuration settings for user information
synchronization with Avaya Spaces server. IP Office users created for Avaya IX™ Workplace Client
must be synchronized with the Avaya Spaces server before using Avaya IX™ Workplace Client in a
cloud environment. User synchronization can be done manually or automatically.

Yeah I saw that, but was just wondering if folks tested it.

I'm still on R11.0 not sure how long it will last since they are moving to the cloud. I'm sure SSO is working on their cloud version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back