Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Workplace missing from App Store/Play Store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFG9K

Systems Engineer
Aug 13, 2018
AU
I just had a report from a customer that they were having trouble finding Avaya Workplace in the Play Store to deploy to their android phones, and it looks like Avaya have completely removed Workplace from both the iOS App Store and the Android Play Store, I can't find them on any of my phones.

Anyone heard/know anything about this? It seemed to be there last week but now it's gone completely.

Cheers,
BFG9K
Avaya IPO/ACCS Technician
Melbourne, Australia

I am based in AU, I can now see the iOS App Store page via that link (thanks for that I didn't know you could access the app store without an iOS device), but the Play Store link gives a 404 for me

Cheers,
BFG9K
Melbourne, Australia

We have a customer using Workplace on a number of Android phones and they have reported today that their phone's volume is being set to zero after the first call and all subsequent calls do not alert, they just appear on the screen.

They were on the latest Android version 3.35 which was pulled from the Android Play Store, as a test they rolled a phone back to the previous version (3.34) and the issue went away!

Interestingly the Apple App Store version is still on version 3.34 which is working fine, but the Android version was 3.35 and it's been pulled, I suspect there is a bug with it and they've pulled it from the store to stop people downloading the broken version (too late for us!), we can't roll back the version without losing config of 400+ android workplace phones.

Hopefully Avaya put out an updated and fixed version soon before my client gets too unhappy

Cheers,
BFG9K
Melbourne, Australia

I am located in Europe/Portugal and noticed Avaya Workplace missing from Google's playstore on Friday the 27th.
I am very worried about it because I will be needing to install it today for a presentation. So I guess I'll be doing something that I never vouch for: install it from an alternate app store. I'll use it just for the customer presentation purposes and then I will format the phone just in case.

I don't think I can talk about alternate app stores here, but this store has 3.35.0.167.FA-RELEASE80-BUILD.15 and 3.34.0.118.FA-RELEASE79-BUILD.14.
Since the issue seems to have been with 3.35, I could try and go with 3.34.
Cheers

got it in the Apple appstore right away

but to get it in Play Store I had to go to the Avaya Spaces download then it appeared on the bottom as available download. And that even though I have it installed on my phone and searched for the exact name.
Location Canada

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

This morning it looks like Workplace has been restored to the Android Play Store, however the version has not changed and I am still seeing issues with calls not alerting on Android

I downgraded a phone using an older APK and it works fine on version 3.34, so the issue is clearly related to the new release 3.35

Of course Avaya Support refuse to help us without an active IPOSS, even though this is an Avaya Workplace product defect. And they wonder why all their old partners hate dealing with them now.

Cheers,
BFG9K
Melbourne, Australia

BFG9K said:
I downgraded a phone using an older APK and it works fine on version 3.34, so the issue is clearly related to the new release 3.35
The question is, how can you do that on Android? Because AFAIK there is no way to install a previous version of an APP via Google's Playstore.
Do you use some kind of app "mirror" to download the app and sideload it on the smartphone?
Cheers

I used an alternative app store as you mentioned, uninstalled the app then manually installed the 3.34 apk.

Interestingly it looks like Avaya have put out an updated version this morning 3.35.1.10.FA-RELEASE80-BUILD.17, hopefully fixing this issue. I'll report back with my findings.

Happy Halloween to all

Cheers,
BFG9K
Melbourne, Australia

Confirming this latest release 3.35.1.10.FA-RELEASE80-BUILD.17 has fixed this issue with calls not alerting on Android, looks like Avaya figured it out.

Not happy about the total lack of communication from Avaya, but what else is new.

Cheers,
BFG9K
Melbourne, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back