Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Workplace app

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyLewis

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2022
US
I have Avaya Workplace loaded on some Spectralink phones. When receiving calls the phones will not ring. The call shows up on the screen but if the app is closed the device will not ring. Been using it for a couple months and all of a sudden all the phones started doing this. I've checked every setting on the device and everything is set to ring, but when using the volume keys on the side of the phone it keeps turning the ringer all the way down. When you turn it up it won't stay that way. Once the screen is closed and your try to make a call to the phone it turns the ringer volume all the way back down.

Heard there was an issue with version 3.35 that sounds like that on the IP Office forum.
Mike

Hey Joey I'm from the IP Office forum, I have this exact same issue so it's good to see that it's not just me!

We've found that going back to version 3.34 seems to fix this, but obviously not a great solution as you have to wipe and re-install the app, which means you have to enter the extension details on all the phones again.

The Avaya Workplace app was removed from the Android Play store for a few days and it's just come back this morning, but it's still the broken version 3.35. I'm hoping Avaya put out a fixed version soon.

Cheers,
BFG9K
Avaya IPO/ACCS Technician
Melbourne, Australia

Avaya put out 3.35.1 to the Play Store today which has fixed this issue for me on IPO, hopefully should help you too.

Cheers,
BFG9K
Avaya IPO/ACCS Technician
Melbourne, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back