Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Voicemail Pro & Contact Store Server Virtualization

Status
Not open for further replies.

flymv92

IS-IT--Management
Mar 19, 2013
GB
We are currently running VM Pro and Contact Store on a white box server that has long since gone out of warranty. Since buying this server from the original installer of the system we have invested in an elaborate ESXI setup more then capable of handling this server as a VM. As for moving the server we are not sure what method we should use, should we use a P2V converter, shut down the database service for VM Pro and Contact store and run the converter, or should we rebuild the server on a new install of Windows Server ?

Just convert it. I've had customers do that, seems to work fine.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

Good Enough, I think we have found the services we will need to stop to make sure the data is moved correctly but do you know of any we should look for. Also what happens when the server is taken off line, We will obviously not do it during peak hours. I just wanted to check as for the 2 years we have had this system in place we have not shut the server off for any reason and when this has happened before we have had issues with hard drives starting back up after being spinning for that long ( the last person was sold consumer grade hard drives).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back