Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya Vantage 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BResource

Programmer
Apr 22, 2008
GB
Hi,

Has anyone got one of these working?

Looks like a bit of a pig to setup to me!

Got one working on my desk...You need a separate HTTP server though

NCDS | NCSS | APSS - SME | ACIS - SME | ACSS - SME | ACIS - UC | ACSS - UC | APSS - SCOPIA | APDS - SCOPIA | CCENT

Do you recommend any particular HTTP server?

I'm using IIS on a windows server. This is really easy to get setup if you follow the document.

NCDS | NCSS | APSS - SME | ACIS - SME | ACSS - SME | ACIS - UC | ACSS - UC | APSS - SCOPIA | APDS - SCOPIA | CCENT

I'm using IIS on a windows server. This is really easy to get setup if you follow the document.

May I have a link to the document you are referring to?

Wow! I haven't completed the procedure yet but this looks fantastic. Thank you!!!!

I followed the document and still can't get these darn things going.

Did you setup another HTTP server with the vantage files?

What is the location and name of the latest K-series firmware files? I am having issues finding them on the Avaya website.

Search for Vantage, not K-Series.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

sizbut thanks for the quick reply. When I look at the K1xxSupgrade file it is running the following query:
# K165_K175_SW
SET APPNAME K1xx_SIP-R2_0_1_0_5084.tar
GOTO GETSET
# K155_SW
SET APPNAME K1xx_SIP-R2_0_1_0_5584.tar
I finally found the link to the 2_0_1 firmware by going to the document: IP Office: Vantage using 11.0 FP4 failing with Equinox, There is a link in this document for the 2.0.1 firmware in a zip file.
I clicked the Link immediately below the section: "Solution
Make sure to use Vantage 2.0.1 and Equinox 3.5.5
Firmware files are available from support.avaya.com | Downloads."

hi opie the phoneman , do you happen to still have the link you mention in the doc?
i've found the reference to the fault you highligt, but the link no longer works

I use fenix as a http server. Freeware and incredibly easy to setup and use. You can find it by searching on google.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

I've used HFS and has worked well for me. I read that version 2.1 will support call park and pick up but has been removed from the Avaya support site...

Ill throw in some info on getting my Vantage working remotely. These strings were added to my 46xxspecials.txt. Note there are two sets, one for Equinox and another for Vantage. the IP address in SET USER_STORE... is the external address (WAN) of my IP Office.

Also, at my remote office, I setup hfs.exe on my laptop with a static address. I entered my laptop address in the http server in IPO > System. This HTTP server MUST be something other than the IPO for Vantage to work. The 46xx....txt files go into IPO, and the big .bin files go into hfs on the laptop.

SysMon helped me tremendously. Enabled FileSys in tracing options and look to see what the Vantage is looking for and move the files until you get it right.

At the bottom is the command for the background image, I haven't played with that yet.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

*** EXAMPLE OF 46xxspecials ***
** EQUINOX **
SET ADMIN_PASSWORD xxxxxxxxx
USER_INSTALL_APPS_GOOGLE_PLAY_STORE 1
SET USER_STORE_URI "SET VANTAGE_SNTP_SERVER 0.pool.ntp.org
SET TIMEZONE America/New_York
SET APPNAME K1xx_SIP-R2_1_0_1_6038.tar
SET ACTIVE_CSDK_BASED_PHONE_APP "com.avaya.android.flare"
SET PUSH_APPLICATION "equinox-gaRelease-3.6.4.40.FA-RELEASE29-BUILD.22.apk"

** VANTAGE BASIC **
SET ADMIN_PASSWORD xxxxxxxxxx
USER_INSTALL_APPS_GOOGLE_PLAY_STORE 1
SET USER_STORE_URI "SET VANTAGE_SNTP_SERVER 0.pool.ntp.org
SET TIMEZONE America/New_York
SET APPNAME K1xx_SIP-R2_1_0_1_6038.tar
SET ACTIVE_CSDK_BASED_PHONE_APP "com.avaya.android.vantage.basic"
SET PUSH_APPLICATION VantageConnect_2.1.0.0.0101_260519_7e7cd32.apk
SET BRANDING_FILE The image must be 142x56 pixels and in PNG, JPEG, GIF or BMP format

Been there, done that

ThePhoneMn: Do you still have this firmware package? I can't find it anywhere. Also, did you have any luck getting the video feature to work? We have IP Video turned on on the trunks, etc. but keep getting error messages stating that "Escalation to Video Failed".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back